Monday, November 23, 2015

My Tech Pieces

Bad Tech Piece:

Incorrect
Number of Errors I found
Actual Errors in Sentence
Corrected
well ned my mom and dad are getting divorced and are fighting over me he lamented
7
8
(indent)“Well, Ned, my mom and dad are getting divorced and are fighting over me,” he lamented.
my big dapper brother in college who my family this is gods gift to parents nags me about my grades he continues
10
10
“My big, dapper brother in college, who my family thinks is Gods gift to parents, nags me about my grades,” he continues.
oh poor you said ned. i know what you mean i have a sibling just like that who drives me crazy
9
11
(indent)“Oh, poor you,” said Ned. “I know what you mean. I have a sibling just like that who drives me crazy.”
my dad is busy with his own new life and my mom thinks that im an infant. shes a real shrew about good grades too harold moaned
12
12
(indent) “My dad is busy with his own new life, and my mom thinks that I'm an infant. Shes a real shrew about good grades, too,” Harold moaned.
i no what you mean ned interjected. even if i do good i can never do good enough to please my mom

12
14
(indent) “I know what you mean,” Ned interjected. “Even if I do good I can never do well, enough to please my mom.”

as the weeks wore on harold adjusted to Burlington and its terrible nagging teachers
6
6
(indent) As the weeks wore on, Harold adjusted to Burlington and its terrible, nagging teachers.
conan and his “hip” crowd made occasional fun of harold and ned while cassandra and her freinds remained aloof
6

Conan and his “hip” crowd made occasional fun of Harold and Ned while Cassandra and her friends remained aloof.

one day a Rumor circulated around mrs kecks classroom and everyone couldnt wait for they’re class to be end
12
13

(indent)One day, a rumor circulated around Mrs. Kecks classroom, and everyone couldnt wait for they’re class to be end.
when class is finally over the popular students converged in the hallway
6
6
(indent)When the class is was finally over, the popular students converged in the hallway.
awesome said conan belinda is going to throw one of her incredible partys he expounded


(indent)“Awesome!” said Conan. “Belinda is going to throw one of her incredible parties,” he expounded.


Word
P.O.S.
Definition
Practice Sentence
lament
verb
to mourn aloud
I lamented when I fell in the mud.
dapper
adj
(usually to describe a man) being neat and trim in dress or appearance
Charlie is very dapper.
sibling
noun
one of two or more individuals having the same parents or sometimes only one parent in common
Siblings are very annoying.
shrew
noun
a bad tempered women
My mom is such a shrew.
interjected
verb         
to say something abruptly, especially as an aside or interruption
I interject a lot.
adjust  
verb
to alter or move something slightly in order to achieve the desired fit, appearance or result   
I adjusted my hat so the sun wouldn't get in my eyes.
aloof
adj
not involved with or friendly toward other people
People who are aloof are not my friends.
circulate  
verb
to pass or cause to pass from place to place or person to person
I circulated the track in the 1500.
converged
verb
when several people or things come together from different directions to meet
Everyone converged in the lawn one the first day of school.
expound
verb
to explain and idea in detail
”We should make a new pen with new ink!” Tate expound.

Good Tech Pieces:
My nose was only smelling smoke, my eyes were watering and and my stomach had that nasty puking feeling. The mist was hovering over the water, the old rusty car just barely poking up over the lily pads and swaddling grass. The ruckus of the nuclear power plant just coming out of the fog. Lying there in the middle of the swap was a half submerged oil barrel. I wondered why people would do such a thing? What had happened to our pretty earth?




























































































No comments:

Post a Comment