Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Bad Evidence Piece

      Have you ever wondered what the strongest bone in your body is and what it is shaped like? In my science class we did a lab to answer the question, “How do you build the strongest bone structure?”. We were aloud to have one piece of 8.5 by 11 inch paper and two inches of tape for each bone we made. Our bones had to be eight inches or longer because we were making long bones. So we couldn't really cut the paper if it was going the 8.5 inch way. According to my data the strongest bone most people made was going the 8.5 inch way, and was circular and was about ¾ inch wide. It turns out my hypothesis was kind of correct because the bones I made were wrapped around more than once, but they didn't hold that many books. Then Cole made one that was tightly wrapped and it held 38 books. In this experiment the place I most likely made a mistake was using only two inches of tape because I would just rip off a little that looked around two inches. Minus that mistake, I learned so much about bones and how to build them, even though I wasn’t Jaiming whose bone held so many books that it broke the whiteboard I still had a lot of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment